TV Stand Ideas

By Aurthur Vanthorp

Are you someone who likes to be different? I am. I don't mind the status quo. I don't disdain or necessarily protest the way the world goes around. I do, however, like to feel that I have my own style and unique taste regardless of what is considered to be proper or even acceptable sometimes. That may be a bit naive, I admit, but I still strive to feel comfortable in my choices because, I like them, not because they are in vogue.

This is true, even in the small or unimportant choices I make day to day. So when I look for something to adorn my home, I like to look for something I find unique or just a bit different to fit what I feel is my style. In the time I've been writing about home entertainment furniture, among other topics, I've found some of them that I wanted to share with people who have similar feelings. Here they are, the unique audio-video furniture I would like to find a way to incorporate into my home.

Entertainment furniture produced by people who are anti technology in their personal lives. That's right, I've stumbled across some home entertainment furniture made by the Amish community. In case you are not aware or up to date on your Amish knowledge, my understanding is that they believe in preserving traditional methods and values. Because of this they don't use cars or tractors, watch videos, or use cell phones. What they do is create unparalleled quality of handmade craftsmanship in everything they produce. What could be more unique than furniture supporting your technology made by people who refuse to participate in it? Not many things, that's for sure.

A month or so ago I attended a "green" products fair, and found some really amazing work by a company who was trying to save the rain forest. OK, maybe that wasn't their whole focus, but it was a part of it for sure.

Greentea Designs travels around the world to gather what they call "reclaimed wood" which is wood from structures that would normally be thrown out, burned, or otherwise destroyed. In this way, the do good for the environment and can make amazing end piece furniture that anyone would love to have on display in their house. Take a look at some of their work. It is second to none. It is a bit pricier, but hey, you're saving the rain forest.

The last piece of furniture I would like to tell you about is something straight out of the movies and right into your family room. An TV stand that is motorized.You heard me right again. You touch some buttons on your remote control or some switch on a wall and you reveal the TV stand. It seems like an average furniture piece, but it amazes friends and family with its style. Few people have these around their home. Here's the one drawback I have found. It looks somewhat like a bar so if you accidentally place something on it and then open it... bad news bears. But really, how cool would that be? - 33381

Sign Up for our Free Newsletter

Enter email address here